ACTS - The Journey
Biblical theological study not only engages us in exploring the most vital issues, it also equips us to bring life-change to others. Those engaged in ministry are here “ to prepare God’s people for works of service so that body of Christ may be built up” (Eph 4:12).
The Journey exists so you may pursue further graduate-level courses while remaining engaged in your ongoing responsibilities. With expanded course offerings, we are well on the way to being able to offer you the option of completing a Masters degree from ACTS Seminaries.
All registration is available online at www.twu.ca/services and is available to:
- Everyone who is continuing their studies at ACTS/TWU or;
- Who has been admitted to ACTS and paid their admission deposit ($200).
When you register online, be sure to use the Registration Invoice link to discover your cost for the semester. Tuition at The Journey is $320 per credit hour; the audit rate is $145 per credit hour.
Students, who wish to take courses only for audit, must first register online and then send an email to the Office of the Registrar from your TWU email account to request a change of status from credit to audit. Be sure to include the specific course number and your student ID number when making such requests. Some scholarship support may be available through your church or denomination.
Spring 2013 Semester
|BIE 691 AB - Special Topic: Pastoral & Theological Themes in I Corinthians|
Instructor: Dr. Ed Stuckey
Location: Ellerslie Road Baptist Church, 10603 Ellerslie Rd. Edmonton
Date: February 7th-9th, 2013
Credit Hours: 3
While Paul’s first letter to the believers in Corinth is often associated simply with addressing disorders in the church, including factionalism, immorality, philosophical elitism, distorted spirituality, and arrogant “charismania,” this letter offers profound and relevant insights for the practice of pastoral leadership, all the while grounding these insights in high theology at the heart of the Christian message. The course explores Paul’s letter as not simply a somewhat hurried response to issues in a first century church, but as a universal challenge to THE church offering one of the finest examples in Scripture of how theological realities drive not only the mindset we profess, the message we proclaim and the methods we practice in public ministry, but the spirituality and service we live out in personal walk. Finally, the course includes numerous suggestions toward preaching and teaching this remarkable book among Christian believers today.
Summer 2013 Semester
|BIL 514: Greek and Hebrew Tools|
Instructor: Dr. Jerry Shepherd
This course is a beginning introduction to biblical Hebrew and biblical Greek designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary for the proper use of the various lexicons, concordances, word-study aids, and critical commentaries.
Langley Campus Modular & Online Courses:
NOTE: Onsite courses in Edmonton have a reduced regional tuition rate. Online courses that are based out of Langley are at the normal ACTS rate.
How to Register with ACTS for these Courses:
STEP #1: If you have not yet applied to and been admitted to ACTS Seminaries, you need to complete an online application.
- Complete the application with your personal information.
- Select a program status of "non-degree"; if you have a specific program in mind, you should apply directly to that program; if no specific program, apply to non-degree.
- Cite "The Journey" as your reference.
- If you are applying to a program at ACTS and have already taken courses at The Journey, contact the Director/Registrar firstname.lastname@example.org at The Journey and authorize a release of your transcripts to ACTS Seminaries.
- After notification of your acceptance, please proceed to Step #2.
STEP #2: Register Online for "The Journey" courses
- If you are a CURRENT STUDENT at ACTS, you can proceed with online registration as usual.
- If you are a NEW STUDENT at ACTS, you must pay a $200 deposit in order to access online registration. The username and password you receive when you first apply online, will open the online registration tool for you after your deposit is received and processed.
- Make sure you select the ‘AB’ sections to register for Journey courses in Alberta.
- Access to MyCourses is granted only after payment is received.
- Non-payment by the first day of class will result in registration being cancelled.
STEP #3: Manage your student account at ACTS/TWU.
- Once you are admitted, set up TWU with your student number as a payee for online banking with your bank. This will simplify payment of your fees as they are applied to your account for the courses you take.
- Credit card payment is not available for tuition payments.
- Become familiar with the website for the Office of the Registrar, www.twu.ca/registrar, along with numerous links that provide important student information
- Use the Student Portal to keep your contact information current-annual tuition receipts are provided in late February and sent to the contact information we have in our records.
- Make sure you access your webmail account once you become a student (admitted and registered for your first course); you can auto-forward all items to your personal email account.