Randy Wollf, Ph.D.
Master of Divinity Program Chair;
What Drives Randy?
Prayer and spiritual formation, leadership development and team building, transformational servant leadership, global networking and missions, collaborative strategic planning and implementation, authentic Christ-centred community, adult education/teaching, spiritual leadership, leadership values and ethics, theology of Christian leadership, communication and networking, evangelism and church planting.
- University of British Columbia (Ph.D.); Educational Studies (dissertation on direction-setting in the church)
- University of British Columbia (MA); Adult Education (thesis on Adult Education in the church)
- ACTS Seminaries (MRE)
- Trinity Western University (BA); Psychology
- Briercrest Bible College (Diploma of Religious Education)
- 2011-Present: Assistant Professor of Practical Theology and Leadership Studies; Mennonite Brethren Biblical Seminary
- 2005-Present: Adjunct faculty; MA in Leadership program at Trinity Western University
- 2005-Present: Leadership consultant/trainer and conference/retreat speaker
- 2009-2010: Missionary with Power to Change in Thailand
- 2005-2010: Coordinator of The Journey network of house churches; Evangelical Free Church of Canada
- 1989-2005: Pastor at Langley Evangelical Free Church serving in several capacities: 2002-2005: Role of Interim Lead Pastor 1999-2002: Senior Associate Pastor (i.e. Executive Pastor) 1995-1999: Associate pastor of Christian Education 1989-1995: Intern/children’s pastor
- 1998: Ordained with the Evangelical Free Church of Canada
- Worked with the underprivileged in Manila, Philippines with Action International Ministries
- Taught a course on discipleship at the Dnepropetrovsk Bible Institute in Ukraine with the Evangelical Free Church of Canada Mission
- Engaged in relief work with Kosovar refugees in Albania with International Teams and Northwest Medical Teams
Presentations (a sampling):
- The Intersection of Power, Knowledge, Shared Perspectives, and Participatory Processes in Organizational Direction: A Study of a Church, Tobias Leadership Conference (Indianapolis, IN), March 5, 2011.
- The Amazing Story of What God is doing in Thailand, Vancouver Missions Fest Conference (Vancouver, BC), January 29, 2011.
- Foundations of Christian Leadership, India Ministry Leaders Conference, Power to Change, (Langley, BC), September 28, 2010.
- Keeping the Peace: Finding God and His Peace in the Midst of Life, Maple Ridge Christian School Leadership Retreat, (Maple Ridge, BC), August 30, 2010.
- Living and Leading with Purpose, Thailand Educators Leadership Conference, Power to Change, (Langley, BC), June 28, 2010.
- Business Ethics, Rotary Club of White Rock (White Rock, BC), June 8, 2010.
- Developing Leaders, HCJB Global Radio School of Mission Leadership School (Denpasar, Indonesia), March 20, 2010.
- Personnel Issues, HCJB Global Radio School of Mission Leadership School (Denpasar, Indonesia), March 19, 2010.
- Living and Leading with Purpose, Leadership Excellence Seminar (Chennai, India), February 1, 2010.
- Making Growing Disciples of Jesus among the First Nations People of Canada, UIM Annual Staff Retreat (Houston, BC), January 21-23, 2009.
- The Global House Church Movement, Vancouver Missions Fest (Vancouver, BC), January 26, 2008.
- What is Required to Start a Church Planting Movement in Quebec, Quebec District of the Evangelical Free Church of Canada Leadership Retreat (Magog, Quebec), October 2, 2007.
Practicing the Presence of God, Journey Retreat, Hemlock Valley Resort, November 25-27, 2005.
- Fostering Ongoing Community and Leadership Excellence Strategic Plan, Master of Arts in Leadership, Trinity Western University, 2008. Internal document.
Leadership and Ethics Curriculum, Centre for African Leadership Excellence (Pan-African Christian University, Nairobi, Kenya), 2007. 400-page manual.
Randy has been married to Lore since 1993 (Lore is an elementary school teacher and a trained TESOL instructor). They have three school-aged children. Apart from playing with his family and working, Randy enjoys hiking, riding his mountain bike, working out in the gym, traveling, reading, playing the guitar, bird watching, writing, playing table games, and the list could go on.